What is Worship Ministry?
Worship Ministry is an opportunity for parishioners (you) to participate in the sacred preparation of the worship space, assist the priest in delivering communion, and assist fellow parishioners in their worship experience. It is an invitation to explore and share your time and talents. Grace Church offers many different ministry opportunities and we encourage parishioners to try different ministries until they find one that enriches their spirituality and that of others.
If you are interested in worship ministry, please contact our office at 301-865-3270 or email@example.com or let the priest know on Sunday. Rev. Watts is always happy to discuss opportunities with you and she will put you in touch with the leader of your desired ministry.
Our worship ministries include:
- Acolyte – help the priest on the altar, light/extinguish candles, process with Gospel book and cross
- Altar Guild – prepare the altar for worship
- Choir – sing the hymns during worship and special services
- Lay Eucharistic Minister – offer the chalice/cup during communion & help the priest at the altar
- Lay Reader – read the weekly selections from the Old Testament, Psalms, and the New Testament during worship
- Lay Visitor – visit people in their homes, care facilities, and hospitals
- Music – play a musical instrument during worship
- Usher – greet visitors, answer questions, hand out bulletins, bring bread & wine to the altar in preparation for communion
For more detailed information about each ministry, click on the links above for each or follow the sub-menus on the Worship Ministry tab.